Friday, June 03, 2005

Friday morning, Westport

My task for today is to pull together a consultant team to go out to East Africa and revitalize a project. I dreamed about this last night, which is never a good sign, but I was greeted by an e-mail from Mali this morning that brings another team member on board. Now for the last person... Hooray!

I have decided that I infinitely prefer tugboat Julee over stressed out worker bee Julee. (Of course, tugboat Julee is usually stressed out in other ways, and dirty, but she has a certain charm and charisma I find appealing.) Now to find the balance between the two! Anyways, Wendy B will make the last leg of the journey in mid-June and then she'll be in Washington. I've already alerted Laurence that I plan on spending every weekend on the boat; the entire SW boardwalk feels so different and alien from the rest of the city; I can almost convince myself that I'm somewhere else when I'm there. Ah. Sweet escape.

Must get a little more work done here at the hotel before going to work... More anon, o breathless readers.

No comments: