Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Back at work, Tuesday morning

I am utterly exhausted.

I woke up this morning so slothlike that I turned on the burner to heat the water for my cup of toxic tea, but left the kettle on the counter.

My nose is sunburned and doesn't match the rest of my body.

The dirt/oil on my hands is so embedded that a 25 minute scalding hot shower left the dirt untouched.

I haven't quite found my land legs -- I'm sitting here at my desk and I feel like I'm bobbing up and down, oh-so-very-gently.

But I had a wonderful time. Sure, there were a few unpleasant moments - okay, hours - but it was a wonderful escape from the world as I know it. The bay was flat yesterday afternoon, the sun was warm, all was right in the world.

Too tired to type more -- I should begin to dig through the e-mail that has accumulated since Thursday afternoon. 85 e-mail. A few look quite bad. Welcome back!

No comments: